Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Shitastic Weekend

This past weekend was a bit much for me.

Friday, I was about to fucking explode. So I was scheduled 6:30-10 as a cashier. Well, I get to work and was informed that the Food Ave person called in sick, so the cart attendant was over there, and guess who got to be the cart attendant? Me of course! Because I was expecting to only cashier, I didn't bring anything with me so I could cart attend comfortably. Now, it's pretty cold here, with highs in the 40s. I just had a spring jacket, no gloves, no hat, and no winter coat. I was cold. Really cold. But I went out to the lot and got carts.

For one, there should be a sign up that states, "Any garbage left in a cart will be thrown into your vehicle as carts are not garbage cans." The garbage I found in carts, mostly half empty Icees, were thrown on the ground because I was not going to spill all over myself bringing it to the garbage. I'm not a janitor.

One would assume that since I've never been officially trained as a CA that they would tell me what needs to be done, other than getting carts. Well needless to say, they were bitching at me for not doing something that I didn't know that needed to get done. I'll be the first to admit that I am not a mind reader. So I had to empty garbages. Am I a custodian? (Target DOES have an overnight CLEANING crew, by the way) Then I had to take back garbages, and fill pop coolers, which is something that Coke or Pepsi does. I was pretty behind as I didn't know what needed to get done, and instead of telling me, they yelled at me for not doing them. Great business practice. After the CA got done with Food Ave, he resumed his position. Thank god. Although he wasn't too happy with me because I was so behind. Whatever.

Then on Saturday was my 2 hour pharmacy shift. That flew by, although it was fun to "shadow" over there.

Sunday was 9-4:30 at Guest Service. My manager was working and she asked me what I thought about the pharmacy, and I told her I liked it and would be interested in working more over there. At that moment, it being about 3 months since I've started, that I would need that state's intern licensure. Thanks for not telling me sooner! I knew that if I wanted to intern over there I would need that, but I didn't know if there was another position that I could do over there. Apparently not. So I will see how much it costs to get an intern licensure in that state, and if I decide to go through with it, I better get a majority of my shifts over there because I don't want to pay extra so that I can work over there, and not be able to. That would be my quitting point. And then I wouldn't even be able to use it.

But there's more drama! Since they overlapped me on Black Friday and the following Saturday, I asked her what time I should be coming in. She told me that she put 6 on Fri and 5 on Sat, the exact time I get done at my other job. So I tell her that wouldn't work, and before I can finish what I was going to say, she freaks out on me and just tells me she just put a time and that I could come as soon as I could. Don't bitch at me because you had my pharmacy schedule for this weekend back in October. Plus, she said she updated it in the system, but she didn't tell my supervisors because they still had me down for the incorrect times, and the last thing I need that day is to get a call saying I'm late. So I told them I'd be there ~45 minutes after I go done at my other job.

And up at Guest Service, my eyes aren't really out watching the lanes. 1) It's not my job. 2) I could care less.
So when the store got really busy, but GS was dead. My evil bitch manager yells at me from a lane to come grab some people and ring them up at GS. I didn't even respond, I just went and grabbed someone. I hate her. Not because she made me work, but because she was being a snotty little brat.

So between my 2 jobs (because Target overlapped me after they said they wouldn't) I work a total of 32.5 hours in 3 days. Fun, huh? Needless to say, I'm sure I will be a complete asshole this weekend. But I am going to bring my winter gear because I will probably cart attend.

I would really hate to leave the company over their bullshit, but that's all that's coming out of it right now. Plus, I doubt Target would care if I left now if I ever did want to come back as a pharmacist. People are dying for pharmacists right now, so I'm sure they would still love to have me...

I don't think I can take much more as a cashier/service desk/cart attendant/photo lab/salesfloor slave for much longer.

Stay tuned!

***UPDATE!***
It costs $20 to register in the other state. Not bad, but it has to be after my second year, which makes me wonder how the other person in my class is able to pull it off. I have plenty of questions now, and even closer to just dropping Target like a bad habit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why would you want to be a Target pharmacist? You could work at a much better pharmacy somday.